- Parent Category: President officies
- Category: Public and International Relation Direcrorate
- Published on 07 May 2016
DU PIR Briefs
Dilla University's public & international relation Directorate was establishment trace back to the year 2010, where the office of public relations was organized. From its rudiment to 2014, the office strives in facilitating major activities undertaken in the university with particular attention given to fascinating the internal communication part. As a new directorate, since 2014, it endeavors in facilitating the internal and exterior communication of the university. It is also striving to create new partnerships with local and international institutions and strengthening of the existing ones. Hence, the directorate is working responsibly to smoothen inward and outward communication of the university and internationalizations of the activities.
The vision, mission, objectives and key activitiesof DU Public & International Relations Directorate are the following.
The directorate aspires to be one of the top directorates that facilitate honest and resilient communications and improve DU’s image globally thereby impelling for Dilla University to be one of top ten Universities of East Africa in 2013.
The directorate aims at promoting, channeling and developing the internal and external communications of DU and thereby seeing all internal and external resources fully communicated and utilized to attain DU’s mission.
The directorate aims to attain the goal;
‘Seeing effective internal and external communications existed that addresses all stakeholders’
Objectives of the Office
In achieving the vision and missions of the directorate, the office seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- To communicate the University’s activities and achievements, and updates to the university and surrounding communities.
- Collecting, organizing and disseminating local, national, regional and international information that contributes crucially for meeting the missions of the university.
- To develop connections, partnerships and mutual understanding with universities, governmental and non-governmental organizations that enhances mutual benefits.
- To coordinateand support ceremonial, educational and other events, activities and opportunities those builds status and relationships and are relevant to the University’s vision.
- Preparing and publishing those publications that promotes and builds the images of DU.
- Facilitating the media communications. Various activities that are underway in DU which should be communicated to the rest of local and global communities shall reach to all types of Medias.
- Making sure the website is managed fully so as to reach & mobilize all local and global resources.
Working to excel the satisfactions of customers through timely customer survey and generating organized information in the university to help university management processes easy.