Scholarly publishing has evolved from formal publication of discoveries by elite members of scholarly societies to open dissemination of scholarly research through new technological platforms. These platforms are increasingly subject to new and emerging forms of peer review and measured for impact by traditional and alternative metrics.
Open Access to information – the free, immediate, online access to the results of scholarly research, and the right to use and re-use those results as you need – has the power to transform the way research and scientific inquiry are conducted. It has direct and widespread implications for academia, medicine, science, industry, and for society as a whole.
Celebrating open access week at Dilla University is aimed at helping researchers understand;
- Increase awareness of the importance of publishing in international peer-reviewed open access journals,
- How they can improve their changes of publication in international peer-reviewed journals;
- Helps them bridge the gap between research and publication;
- Connect to well-renowned editing and publication support services;
- Introduce authors to academic publishing and hence provide them an opportunity to increase their academic reputation to realize institutional internationalization
Open week celebration activities include:
- Public Lecture – on open access scholarly Publishing and Communication
- Skill-based Training Sessions: on open journal system and institutional repository